Endace Intern Programme Details
Endace provides world-leading network visibility infrastructure.We are trusted by some of the world’s largest organisations to accelerate their response to network and security problems.Endace Intelligent Network Recorders guarantee to capture, index and record 100-percent of network traffic while scaling from 1 Gbps to 100 Gbps.The future is all about developing new products that help our customers to better connect, monitor and manage their networks.
At Endace we want to connect students to hands-on experience! We believe that Endace summer interns should have meaningful work, should own their daily responsibilities and should be contributing members of the team, just like everyone else. In other words: at Endace interns are NOT coffee runners or paper pushers.
We are pleased to announce details of our 2018/2019 summer internship projects.
Successful candidates will be based within our engineering teams in Hamilton and we will accept expressions of interest in joining our internship programme from high potential students, typically with consistently high grades in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar disciplines who are currently enrolled or who have recently graduated from a New Zealand tertiary institution. Applications are now open and successful interns will start late November for a 10-12 week period.
Visualisation and Monitoring of an SDN Network
- Project Aim: To identify a suitable tool for doing high-level visualisation of a network
Automated Software Traffic Generation
- Project Aim: This project involves integrating an open-source software based traffic generator, Cisco T-Rex, (https://trex-tgn.cisco.com/), with the traffic generation systems.
Searchable Trace Library
- Project Aim: We recently introduced a metadata definition which describes the purpose, characteristics and composition of our trace files. This project is to build a searchable frontend for this metadata.
- Intern requirements: Specialisation in Computer Science, Software Development/Engineering, Experience with Python and Flask. Experience with networking basics.
To be eligible for an internship the student:
- Must be enrolled in or recently graduated from a New Zealand tertiary education institution studying towards an undergraduate, honours, postgrad diploma/certificate or con-joint undergraduate degree
- Must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be able to participate in the programme
We will be looking for candidates with strong technical skills in addition to the ability to gather and present information. You will need good communication skills to work within our team environment and to be able to manage your time well. Finally if you can bring a positive profile and business acumen to the role this should be a rewarding experience for you.
Check out more details about who we are and the work we do at www.endace.com
If you are interested in being considered for one of the above opportunities, please email email@example.com with the reference Intern – Experience 2018. You will need to attach:
- your CV showing details of projects you may have completed as part of your studies, and any work experience you have had
- your academic transcript or equivalent
- a covering letter outlining your key area of interest or specialization, and the project of most interest to you including a statement on what benefits your preferred project choice will have to your studies and future career path.
- Applicants must be available to attend our Selection day on Thursday 25 October.
Applications close 12 October 2018.
Mrs Karen Devoy
PH: 07 959 2614