DAG Cards at a glance
- PCIe-based options from PCIe 1.1 to PCIe 3.0
- Single, dual and quad port models available
- Ethernet (10/100/1000), 10GBE, 40GbE, SONET/SDH
- Hardware-based, enhanced packet-processing
- Raw data capture ability
- Linux, FreeBSD, and Windows (selected cards only) drivers
- Engineered for high-reliability and extended mean time between failure (MTBF) rates
- Zero-fan cooling reduces failure points
Endace DAG Cards
Endace DAG™ (Data Acquisition and Generation) Data Capture Cards are the ultimate in network packet capture interface cards. They guarantee 100% packet capture on any network regardless of packet size, interface type, or network load. DAG cards have become the industry gold standard for use in appliances for security and network monitoring where guaranteed packet capture is essential.
For more than 15 years, the world’s leading banks, telecommunications and service providers, governments, defence agencies, e-commerce giants and other enterprises with high speed, complex networks have trusted DAG cards to deliver class-leading reliability, accuracy and performance for their packet capture applications.
Endace DAG cards are available in a range of models for monitoring every type of network interface; from entry level cards for monitoring 10/100/1000 Ethernet links, to cards supporting 10GbE, 40GbE and SONET/SDH links (up to SONET OC192, SDH STM-64 clear channel or channelized to STS3/STM-1).
With up to four monitoring ports per card, DAG cards deliver industry-leading port density for appliances managing multiple links – saving on rack space, power and cooling and ensuring low cost of ownership. DAG cards are engineered for reliability, with Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) rates measured in the hundreds of thousands of hours.
Applications running on a DAG-based server platform need to talk to the DAG API which is easy to code to. The API allows applications to take full advantage of all the available features and functions of the DAG card.
Any application written to the DAG API can be immediately ported to run on EndaceODE™ Open Application Environment appliances or hosted on EndaceProbe™ Network Recorders through Endace Application Dock™ without any rework.
DAG Card Features & Functions
In addition to 100% full line rate packet capture, DAG cards also provide a range of additional hardware-based functions, delivering further significant performance benefits over a software-only solution. These include:
- Load balancing: Evenly load-balance up to 10 Gigabits of network traffic to a maximum of 32 memory buffers using intelligent hardware. Traffic from a single interface may be evenly distributed across multiple memory buffers while maintaining flow and session continuity. Each application can access its own receive stream in a separate memory buffer
- Packet filtering and classification: Hardware-based classification and filtering provide the ability to interrogate packet protocol headers and compare them with preset rules in hardware. This allows packets to be filtered (accepted or dropped) or classified as they arrive at the DAG card interface, providing pre-classified network packets to consuming applications and dramatically speeding up their performance
- Traffic replication: Packets may be cloned to multiple memory buffer locations to provide network traffic replication
- Time stamping: Nanosecond-level accurate packet time stamping and clock synchronization from external time references.
DAG Card Models
Endace sells a range of DAG cards designed to meet the widest range of deployment options.
|Interface type||1000 Base-T 1GbE/10GbE Optical||1000 Base-T 1GbE/10GbE Optical||1000 Base-T 1GbE/10GbE Optical||10 GigE/SONET OC-192c (SDH STM-64)||10/100/1000 Base-T, 1GbE Optical||SONET (OC-3c/12c, OC-48c) (STM-1c/4c/16c)|
|Bus Type||x8 lane PCI Express 3.0||x8 lane PCI Express 3.0||x8 lane PCI Express 3.0||x8 lane PCI Express 2.0||x4 lane PCI Express 1.1||x8 lane PCI Express 1.1|
|Number of ports||4x SFP+||2x SFP+||2x SFP+||2x SFP+||4x SFP||2x SFP|
|Encapsulation||Ethernet||Ethernet||Ethernet||Ethernet, SONET(SDH) OC-192c SR-1 (STM I-64.1)||Ethernet||POS, ATM (OC-3c/12c), Raw SONET|
|Dimensions||Full height, half length||Half height, half length||Half height, half length||Half-height, half-length||Full height,
Half length||Half height, Half length|