- DAG-based server platform for hosting a wide range of packet processing apps
- Support for SONET and Ethernet interfaces from 1 Mbps to 10 Gbps
- Sophisticated hardware-based packet processing features
- 100% accurate packet capture to memory, ideal for data acquisition
- Multi-core Intel X86 processor
- High throughput capability
- Low space, weight & power consumption
Open Application Platforms
Our open application hosting platforms, also known as ODE systems, are designed specifically to host packet-processing applications in managed data center environments. These flexible and scalable systems are used extensively by organizations that demand the very highest levels of packet capture accuracy and processing performance from their hosting platforms.
Endace Open Application Platforms are built using industry-standard server hardware components, tightly integrated with Endace’s proprietary DAG technology. Unlike EndaceProbes, which come installed with OSm, Open Application Platforms are configured with a very simple Linux OS that can be used as is, enhanced or scrubbed, depending on the application requirements.
Operating without any processing overhead for packet capture or system management, every available compute cycle is available for packet processing, ensuring that no other hosting platform can come close to delivering similar levels of performance and efficiency.
|Dimensions||1 rack unit||1 rack unit||1 rack unit|
|Port Count||4x10GE / OC192||4x10GE||8x1GE|
|Power Supplies||650W Redundant AC PSU||650W Redundant AC PSU||650W Redundant AC PSU|
|Advanced packet processing||Yes||No||No|
|Memory||24GB RAM||24GB RAM||24GB RAM|
|Download Datasheet||Download Datasheet||Download Datasheet|
Unlocking the true power of DAG technology
Open Application Platforms are built on a foundation of Endace DAG technology, which is proven to deliver the very highest levels of packet capture accuracy and high-resolution timestamping under the most demanding conditions. With DAG technology, more network traffic can be processed with a far higher level of accuracy than can be achieved with a software- (NIC) based solution, even with PF Ring or other similar acceleration techniques.
Open Platforms are far more than just DAG cards dropped into a standard server chassis; they are highly optimized server platforms designed at a system level to deliver great performance from capture at the interface through to disk. Open Platforms solve the challenging issues associated with thermal management that can have a significant impact on the performance of any given application.
Optimized for Space Weight and Power
In critical environments, packet processing accuracy is important, but so is resource management. Large data centers are under increasing pressure for heat, space and power resources, which makes the choice of hosting platform especially important. Our Open Platforms have been optimized over several years to deliver the very best performance with the lowest possible resource consumption. Endace Open Platforms weigh in at 25kg and consume a MAX of 500W of power which translates to just 6.25 uJoule/packet
Advanced Packet Processing
The 3820 has been designed specifically for use by government intelligence agencies. It includes a range of hardware-based features that provide unprecedented levels of visibility into SONET traffic. It is able to perform complete SONET channel inspection and includes full SONET/SDH frame access.
- Monitor up to 64 SONET channels per interface
- Monitor ANY channelization structure to STM-1/OC-3
- Provide byte-stream, PoS or ATM payload extraction by channel
- Support full overhead extraction by channel
- Flexible channel OH/SPE data routing to multiple CPU cores
- Full bandwidth, minimum packet size on all interfaces simultaneously
- Full support for custom packet classification and distribution algorithms
- Access to SONET/SDH channel structures without the need for external switches or routers
- Access to all SONET/SDH overheads for complete channel inspection.
DAG API and Application Dock
Open Platforms are used for primarily for two different purposes:
- Hosting custom or third-party packet processing applications in managed data center environments
- Lab developing, testing and refining critical applications for deployment on EndaceProbes in Application Dock.
The DAG API is used by many applications in the monitoring and security world. By writing applications that use the DAG API, the full power of the Open Hosting Platform is unlocked. The API is simple to code and is proven to significantly improve the packet-processing performance of many different types of application from federal data acquisition to latency monitoring in financial networks. The DAG API ensures that the application gets the most accurate timestamps and delivers the best possible performance.
An important benefit of writing to the DAG API is that any application written to the DAG API can be run in Application Dock, which means that it can be run in a managed EndaceProbe environment. For many organizations, the Open Application Hosting environment is a proving and testing ground for full network-wide deployment in Application Dock.